Saturday, July 29, 2006

Look! No Hands!



I've been sketching a lot in the past few months. Mainly, I'm doing it for fun - a way to get all my ideas out of my head and onto paper. Problem has been that I'm not a real good artist.

At first, all my drawings looked like square people. The women looked like linebackers and the men looked like fridges. I'm getting better at making people more realistic but I still can't draw arms to save my life. I learning! Its hands maybe. Maybe hands are the hard thing to draw. I don't normally even bother with the hands. Usually my little people are handicapped. Get it??? No hands??? Ohhhhhh. Wow. Pun intended folks. Pun intended.

It will be another hot day here in Manhattan. I'm starting to understand that when people say "August is the worst month to live in New York." what they really mean is "the temperature in August turns NYC into a giant armpit." It's true. The humidity and the temp blend together to make the air sticky and just above body temperature.

Someone is playing the equivalent of Mexican Celine Dion outside my window. It's really loud and smultzy.

I want to give a shout out to Jess Thorsen. Girlfriend told me she reads this shit religiously and I love her for it. Jess, that "no hands" joke was for you. You go girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home