Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Contact Progress, Awesome God and the Superiority of New Yorkers

AHHHHHHHHHH!! I have one of those weird mouse pads on my laptop that you just touch it instead of clicking? Do you know what I'm saying? It's a little rectangle at the base of the keyboard that does magical things that I don't understand. Sometimes I THINK about touching it and the mouse moves. Or other times, it just erases what I just wrote. I'm afraid of the rectangle. This blog was a lot longer two seconds ago and now I have to start from scratch.

STAY AWAY FROM THE MAGICAL RECTANGLE.

Carey and I had a long long long conversation last night. It was sublime. I felt at home and normal for the first time in a long time. I know it probably ate up most of my minutes but it was totally worth it. She just has a way of saying things that make perfect sense to me. I like the sound of her voice. We're so alike. We're so weird and messed up and completely the same.

We talked a bit about living in San Francisco together some time next year. That just blows my mind. That would be so awesome and wonderful for me. Awesome! Awesome like "Welcome to camp! Our God is an Awesome God!" awesome. A "Senior just asked you to go to prom with him!" Awesome.

Little things make me really happy right now. I think part of the reason people love New York so much is two fold:

1. Sometimes it's so hard that the moments it's good are really sweet.
2. If you make it, you can always say, "I live in New York" and everyone thinks you're cool. Even the people who live here with you.

I had to sleep with my contacts in last night. The drug store near my apartment has weird hours. I believe the hours may be ordained by when people actually feel like working at the drug store. Sort of an, we'll be open from 10 till 2 and then from 4 to 5 cause we need a long lunch. Lazy stupid drug store people are ruining my eyes! I couldn't get my contact solution until this morning (this is coupled with a very long story about really needing toilet paper that can't be told on this blog). But when I got home and took out my contacts and let them go swimming in my new (and very expensive) contact solution.... it felt.... Luxurious.

That story may make you think, "wow. Betsy's really desperate!" but you know what?? It's so wonderful to actually FEEL things. To realize what you have and what you get when you work for it. To be truly grateful. And to get all that out of buying contact solution? Well, that's a pretty sweet situation. That's progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home