Tuesday, June 27, 2006

She Works Hard for the Money! So Hard for it Honey!


I might have roped myself a second job. So soon I'll be working seven days a week! Joy! Fireworks! Babies crying! Bombs falling! 4th of July! Lou Diamond Phillips!

Unneeded LDP joke?: Guilty.

So I hear that there is life outside your apartment. I'm starting a campaign to see if that's actually true. I went out last night (hold your applause please) with my first New York Friend. What's this you ask? Good question. It is a FRIEND made in NEW YORK! Not a friend who you've known who happens to live in New York. NO! A real, live person who you did not previously know but have made contact with while on the island of Manhattan! Also, yesterday was my official 3 month mark. I've been here for three whole months and 12 hours. And I apparently also have two jobs, one friend and no money. I'm movin up in the world!

It's been a rough couple of weeks though. I can't lie about that. My money situation has been killing me. The last two weeks have seemed like two months. You know how your brain works overtime and time itself seems to stretch out? I feel bad too because I talk to my mom and dad about it but it's a lot for them. It's stuff a friend should be hearing not your parents. They carry too much of a burden where as a friend can say "that sucks, here's a hug, chin up, I'll help you dumster dive." Well, it's not that bad. But.. you get it. Hopefully I'll find my way out of this mess. Actually, I know that will. It's just that it sucks in the meantime. Lonely and broke, it's still better than where I was 4 months ago. I'm learning important lessons and I'm finding a hell of a lot of potential I didn't know I had. I could talk the queen of England into hiring me at this point. I can smell and see barf without barfing! I can spot a crazy dude without hearing or seeing them. These are examples of NYC super powers.
I can survive on twenty dollars of fruits and veggies for a whole week. I can sleep on an air mattress with only a fan to keep me cool at night. I can organize my life a month ahead of time down to the hour on some days (with allotted time for travel between appointments).

Things I've been dreaming about lately:
1. Backyards
2. Clean, white, high thread count sheets
3. Cute boys
4. Yards of fabric. Bolts of fabric!
5. My own studio
6. Dogs
7. Hiking
8. Burning Man
9. Brussels Griffins
10. Abs!
11. Boundless energy
13. The ocean. Either one.
14. A beach. Sand in my hair.
15. Travel. I'd like to see the Taj Mahal with my own eyes. Mount Everest too. I don't need to climb it but I wouldn't mind seeing it at a distance.
16. Driving a car
17. Hair extensions. I think it would be fun to have long hair for awhile. Malibu Barbie long.
18. SHOPPING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home