Monday, July 03, 2006

The Lady Shirt


Early Morning. F Train to Delancy. On my way to work. I'm still sorta waking up. I'm just opening my eyes to the world. Just recognizing things around me - air conditioned car, tiles on wall, sandals, business coats, smells like Chinese food... and then... a grown man in a woman's shirt. A big, hairy chest covered by a tank top that is a LADIES tank. Not "could be, maybe, might have been" a woman's' shirt. NO. Razor back, royal blue (in a lady way). In the front, it has little spaghetti straps that are super short so the front, sort of, bib thingy, came up really high in the front. Do you know what I'm talking about? It's the sort of tank that a little girl usually wears. In fact, that's what this looked like. It looked like a dad had accidentally picked his kid's shirt out of the hamper, put it on and stomped down to the subway without a second look in the mirror. Oh wait. No one in their right mind- gay or straight- would wear this tank top with even ONE look. Except maybe Kimmy Gibbler.
Kay. Moving on. That woke me up a bit though. Little shock to the system. Kay.
Switch trains. Not cause I was really upset and had to leave the tank top premises but cause I needed to get where I was going. If I had time, I would have followed Mr. Lady Shirt to the moon. But it wasn't meant to be. I had to change trains so I could see.....

Eureka! Another man in a girl shirt! This time the culprit was a rather slim, young blond guy. This one is soo good! I wish you could have been there with me! Lady shirts! As far as the eye could see!

This girl shirt was a lovely shade of lilac. Perfect for early summer. It had a delicate V neck and small stitching. Short sleeves and a dainty cut right below the belly button. Just short enough to see his pale stomach. Gorgeous. Rockin the Lady Shirt. It's the new fad! Every man in New York is doing it! He was the crown jewel of the F train. Breathtaking. Bold.

Only in NYC beautiful babies! Well, maybe not but it sure was a gift. A big gift all wrapped up in a lady shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home