Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fourth of July in Brooklyn

I had an awesome Fourth of Jahizzle.

I went over to Tim's and cut his hair into a Mohawk once again. I swear, that boy's hair grows like a weed. If my hair grew like that I'd have bangs down to my ass by now. Truly! I really don't think my hair grows like other people's. I rarely cut it. My bangs grow really fast but the rest of my hair just doesn't get past a certain length. How I would LOVE to have hair down my back. Not ON my back but long girl hair. I guess I'll just have to get extensions and have Malibu Barbie Hair for a few weeks.... yet another way to blow 200 dollars.

In exchange for an awesome Mohawk, Tim shaved his beard into a beautiful trucker mustache. His mom is going to hate me. But I thought it was hilarious and perfect for our funny 4th of July. He looked like a friendly, white Mr. T. It was great!! I'll put pictures of it...

Tim's roomy Tonya noticed that I had Tim Hair all over my dress and gave me two new ones! She just walked into the kitchen and said, "Do you want these? My brother sent them to me and they don't fit." Oh my gosh. I haven't been able to go shopping since I got here so it was a big deal to get TWO new dresses. They both fit me perfectly. They are both from India (that's where Tonya is from) and one is silk! Yay! Thank you!

So I put on my new dress. Tim had a bunch of really gaudy bling from the last movie he wrapped. We put it on for fun. It's really horrid stuff. Huge and heavy with lots of fake diamonds. They even spin!

So we set off for the park; me and my new dress and Tim and his new mustache. The bling bought us several funny looks on the way.

There was a rain shower in the middle of the day and it was super hot out. Really tropical. We were all sticky. Prospect Park was filled with families. Water balloons, loads of children, cops and baseball games. There were signs everywhere saying "No fire. No barbecue." But there was literally a barbecue every 50 feet. I asked Vonia and she said that rules are generally ignored if everyone wants to do it. I love that! The people overruled the law! And it sure didn't hurt. All I saw all day were families happily eating chicken of the barbecue. All smiles.

We barbecued for a bit while Tim and Adam beat the 10 year olds at tee ball. They didn't go easy on the kids. It was funny - we were wondering if they were actually threatened by the little ones? Cause they sure were trying hard to beat them and when they did they celebrated!

When the sun began to sink in the sky we headed back through Park Slope to David and Anita's place. We went on the roof and spread out pillows and blanket so we could sit and watch the fireworks. NYC does three shows at once - the same fireworks at the same time in three different parts of the river. So everyone can see and a few lucky people can see them all at once. We all ended up squishing into one corner of the roof so we could see the show. Spreading out all those pillows for nothing.

We did sit for awhile afterwards and tell stories. I met a great director who is leaving to do a show in China next month. We had a great conversation.

Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home