Thursday, September 21, 2006

Strive

I'm spending time at Greg and Jess's posh, new apartment on Capitol Hill for the week. Not only is this place beautiful - deck, real bed, shower and if you wanna throw out your garbage, you walk down the hall, open a door and put it down a shoot and turns into a cube. No shit. This place is magic.
It's also centrally located. There are two bus lines that pick up right outside every few minutes. I can literally get to anywhere in the city quite easily from here. And I don't usually go far because between Capitol Hill, Downtown and Belltown, all my bases are covered.
It's becoming pretty obvious that living on Beacon Hill is going to be tough without a car. Doable but really tough. The Beacon Hill house is big and beautiful - my roommates are lovely - but I think I need to seriously look into getting my own place sooner than I anticipated. Luckily, I start working next week. That's good and bad because both of my jobs are in Ballard, also known as the other side of the moon. I'll be working on Capitol Hill at the beginning of the month. But bussing from Beacon Hill to Ballard is going to take a serious dose of patience. Not looking forward to it. Wish me luck!
Meanwhile, I'm really super duper enjoying not having a car in Seattle. I feel so much more connected to the city and aware of my surroundings. It's quickly becoming my biggest weapon against Seattle apathy (the weather does it. I swear.)
I'm going disco dancing tonight. I thought you should know. Did you hear that? Disco dancing.

It's better if you say it with a German accent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shoo shoo said...

When am I gonna get to see you?!

11:34 AM, September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home