Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Move Story: Cycle Two

Guess who I sat next to on the plane to Houston? Crazy drunk lady and her boar in a bag. Girlfriend had a few squibbles with the flight attendant before finally squishing her boar (alright. On the plane I figured out that it was actually a long, black haired mini dog with bug eyes.) back into it's box. Then we take off. And she passes out. Full on, passes out, takes her shoes off, head bowing into the aisle, drooling and snoring. Unacceptable. Especially because her dog was barking and scratching the shit out of it's box. So I'm sitting, squished up next to the window - trying not to think about the cake. Still can't talk about the cake - with this shaking, whining box at my feet. For two hours. TWO HOURS. I felt bad for the dog. The box AND the drunk mommy? That's bad. Maybe that's why when he finally scratched a hole through the side of the box I just sat and sort of watched him birth himself out of the box and underneath the seat next to me. Let him run. I'm not gonna stop him. Besides, I had to pee so it was a good idea if Momsie woke up.
You know what though? The boar got about four rows back and this woman picked him up, walked him back to drunky and sort of tapped on her shoulder until she woke... "Madame, you dog broke out of it's...box." She sort of just lifted her head, took the dog and slipped it under the coat covering her and fell back asleep. But he was quiet until we landed.
Oh, then I missed my second plane. It had already taken off before I even landed. So that explains the two extra hours in the Houston airport.
Why is airport food so bad? And expensive. Like Ben says, you're grateful for the three week old chocolate croisant you eat standing by the bathrooms. It's the healthiest thing you can find in a mile radius.
So I landed in Seattle two and half hours later than I had planned. Bee and Ben were there to greet me. It was wonderful even though I smelled bad, had my glasses on and bbq sandwich on my shirt (I know how to make an entrance.).
Since then everything has been quite surreal and very normal all at the same time. I'm comfortable, at ease and excited. I feel safe and very ready to have my own place. Beyond that, there aren't words because I'm still figuring it all out by the minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home