Monday, June 05, 2006

My Mission Statement


Look at me! I'm a lady with a plan!
I had two, count 'em TWO, interviews today. One at a film school and one at a coffee shop/bar in the East Village. New York is so weird. The film school was beautiful, on Park Ave.. The job itself was to be a registrar. Sounds good right? The other job, the barista job, was in the gross part of the east village. Not really unsafe (well, no more unsafe than my neighborhood) but it was in the "chinatown" part - I don't know a better way to put it. But it was dirty. Selling squid on the street, lots of garbage and unbelievable smells. Nasty. But you know what??? And this is where NYC is weird- you make way, WAY, WAY more money at the crappy place in the east village. She - barista queen- said that she'd let me know by tonight so my fingers are VERY crossed. Not only am I broke, but I need money.

And I'll tell you why.

HINT: It's part of the plan (and I'm a lady with a plan.)

I'm moving in with Chris and some other guy (who will remain faceless I imagine for awhile) on August 1st. So... I'm moving to San Francisco. Why? You might ask?? CAUSE I CAN. I don't have any single reason not to.

GOALS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR:
1. Meet Paul Rudd (done)
2. Move to NYC (done)
3. Do a New York Audition (done (about 7 times) and totally interested in not doing again)
4. Fully realize clothing line (press packet, business cards, online sales, boutique additions)
5. World Take Over (working on it)

GOALS FOR NEXT 3 YEARS:
1. Success as entrepreneur (poss. store, insurance, own business, design studio, San Fran/New York/Seattle stores)
2. Own a English Bulldog named either Ernie or Wellington (steal my names and I'll cry)
3. Own home or apartment and/or have enough money for regular travel (at least 3 times a year)
4. Boyfriend with fancy accent and/or mohawk (I just cut my friend Tim's hair into a mohawk yesterday and I decided they are the ideal boyfriend haircut)
5. Publish blog and photography book as concrete examples of how to lead life of ballsie female.

THINGS I DON'T WANT TO DO:
1. Open a bed and breakfast with flower wallpaper.
2. Own several cats
3. Have fat, boring boyfriend or beautiful boyfriend with no sense of humor
4. Work any of the following jobs:

dental hygenist

middle manager

anywhere I feel validated by getting a new keyboard

jobs with rigid schedules, in buildings with no windows, any place that counts your "sick" days as "paid vacation" days.

I don't want to be the guy or know the guy who picks roadkill of the road


Big dreams. I know. But, I'm a lady with a plan. And, if anyone asks... I'm Betsy Morris. I'm the Betsy Morris who is living in Manhattan and moving to San Francisco. The Betsy who just applied for a scholarship ticket to Burning Man (thanks Ben) because she believes if she wants to go bad enough she can manifest a way. Miss Morris who is 26 years old and plans on learning 3 years worth of life experience in one year, who wants a dog and job. The Betsy Morris with a plan to own her own business. THAT lady with a plan.

AMEN!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plans are for control freaks. Take a c.p. and call me in the morning.

8:07 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger In California Dreamin. said...

But I have a PPPPLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!

10:10 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Shoo shoo said...

That is amazing! I like how you're all free and easy and all your stuff is packed and you can go wherever life takes you. But shoot, I didn't have time to visit you in NYC!

1:48 PM, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's AWESOME. And I'm fascinated by how you went to NY to audition, didn't like the scene, and are now fully focused on the clothing line. That's so, like, decisive!

4:02 PM, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home