Friday, May 26, 2006

Right Now, I just want enough money to go to Burning Man


Dude. Let me tell you what, looking for a job super sucks. I've got three, count 'em THREE (!) resumes going right now. One for acting, another for office work and yet another for restaurants. I'll do just about anything to get a job right now. Give me a tampon commercial: I don't care. I'm so bored. And more than that, I'm really hard on myself.
Now don't get me wrong; I don't regret leaving my nasty modeling agency job. That job will surely go down in the "worst jobs ever" book. If I had stayed another month there would have been nothing left of me. I'd be all teeth and bone marrow. And stress.
But, I think it's so hard for me because I had such high career hopes. New York is humbling. I like it though. It makes me feel more grounded and real. This is where I'm at - thank god I'm working on SOMETHING. In Seattle, I tended to feel like I wasn't working toward anything career wise. My friend Tyler used to say that he "worked to live, not lived to work." I used to love that saying. But is it too much to want both? A job where you don't even feel like you're working? Where you feel like you're enjoying yourself? That's what I want to work towards.
But for right now... flipping burgers? I don't care. I really just want to be independent and...selfishly? I REALLY want to go to Burning Man this year. I wanna get back to the playa and be with my friends who I won't have seen for over 6 months by that time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New York is definately a Live to Work City. Go Go Go. very sexy. I had a fun night last night. I got a little somethin' somethin. Don't worry, life wil pick up. You have to remember you just got there. It takes a bit of time for things to fall into place. I miss you and when I get back we will be a duo once again, patroling the city for a piece of action, the the dirty sluts we are.

3:42 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger In California Dreamin. said...

But guess what???? I DON'T THINK LIVING TO WORK IS SEXY.

9:51 PM, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home