Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Seven Year Old Samba

My little booty walked itself all around Manhattan today. I had an interview in Midtown and a temping agency at 11am. What a colossal waste of time. Thanks but no thanks Caesar - When you make me take all those stupid tests and then tell me you can place me by Friday... Wait a second. Transferring legal documents? I know what that means. I speak temping! Didn't know that did you??? AH HA! I know that "transferring" means carrying boxes of legal documents. Poop on you Caesar. Poop on you. You have betrayed me.
Then I came home for twenty minutes - Vonia and our friend Patrick were home. We decided to go get sushi in Greenwich village. Good sushi. Yummi.
I like hanging out with Patrick. He knows so much about the city. In fact, he's writing a book about the history of gay New York. Fucking fasinating stuff. As we walked today, he showed us where women's prisons used to be, turn of the century dentists' offices, and other historically important sites. We share a love for reading. Patrick's last book was a biography of Matthew shepherd's best friend and her work in the gay community after his murder. Cool guy.
Later in the day I went to my second interview at Soho Dance. It's a large dance studio on the corner of Broadway and Houston. I took a free samba class there yesterday. It was fun even though I had to dance with an 7 year old boy at one point. Holy backbend Batman! Also, I tried so so so hard not to get sweaty hands that I got sweaty hands. I tried, in vain, to teach Tim to samba last night (o.k. that sounded dirty but I meant it quite literally) and I failed. Not to be a teacher I guess. Anyway, they need a front desk person 6 hours a day, 6 days a week. The hours are later in the afternoon so I'll have the days free to audition. It's not tons of money but it buys me time to find my dream job. Or the job that leads to my dream job. The people are nice and I can take free dance lessons. Love it! Cross your fingers for me!


P.S. I'm loving the comments people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home