Friday, June 02, 2006

Buy It Or I'll Break Up With You





What a wonderful feeling to know that you are free of everything single thing that can hold you back.
Every single PHYSICAL thing that is.... Because your brain can always hold you back and, I don't know about you, but my brain goes everywhere I go.
I don't have a lease. I don't have furniture. Everything I own can officially fit into three large boxes, one big backpack and a carry on. Amazing. Freeing! Not everyone's idea of paradise but... well, for me? This "no stuff" thing is treating me like a prom date. I DO miss my bird though. Feels weird not to take him with me when I move around (is there a way to fit him into my brain?)
Vonia and I have been working on our clothing line lately. Vonia has a degree in costume design where as I started to design after college. We have very different styles that really seem to compliment eachother. Our business senses (she is currently managing a high end retail store and I have been doing the entrepreneurial thang and selling/marketing my own stuff). She is big on fit and I like bizarre fabrics. STOP. Did you know that they DO NOT have bubble fur out here??? I've looked for it everywhere. I was at Mood Fabrics (Cynthia Rowley gets all her fabric from Mood) and they laughed at me! They thought "bubble fur" was a joke (Cynthia Rowley doesn't know what she's missing)! Stupid Mood people.
We're setting up a store on ebay. We're already selling there but a store will allow us to have one link that shows our entire stock, combined shipping for buyers who purchase two or more garments, gift wrapping (which one of us is gonna get stuck with that I don't know..) and email updates for those who would like them. I will obviously send out the link when it's ready and post it here.
I'm very proud us! The beauty being that we can maintain the store where ever we are - even if one of us is somewhere across the nation. So if Vonia and Adam decide to move to LA and I stay here or I go to San Fran, our process won't be interrupted. I would love to own a store eventually or design a line and sell it. But people need to BUY it (details, details!). Oh God. I'm having girl scout flash backs. When we had to sell those damn cookies I would freak out. I'd never sell a bunch because I would start by apologizing... "You don't have to buy any if you don't want to..."
Well! Now I won't apologize! Buy our stuff! It rocks! If you don't like it you are blind! If you don't buy it, the only reason could be because you're broke! Well tough! I'm broke too!!!! Get over it! It could be worse! You could be fat! You could be dead! You could be socially incapable of holding down and decent job! I DON'T CARE. BUY THESE CLOTHES OR I"LL BREAK UP WITH YOU.

How was that? (picture me in my Brownie outfit) Because if it was too forceful I can change it....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take three of the pink shirt. I think that cut will really accent my bosom.

2:36 PM, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home