Sunday, May 21, 2006

Room With A View











I wanted to put in a few pictures for you guys. The view is the view from my living room window. We live on the 7th floor and the view is spectacular. If you lean your head out the window and look south you can see all of downtown. If you look north you see Yankee stadium and a really old light house beyond it. A good mix of the old and the new. It's been raining a lot lately. The storms come through and rain hard for 20 minutes. Then it's back to clear skies. That happens about two or three times a day.
Side note; I'm watching Days of Thunder right now. The thunder outside is rapturous. Almost as rapturous as Tom Cruises hair in Days of Thunder.
Other pictures are of JenStar and Monkeypants, friends of mine from Seattle who were here last weekend. They are a freaky mix of abnormally beautiful and super crazy. I had a wonderful time with them and they made me miss home. Thanks a lot you guys!
We went to a hookah bar last night called Karma. It was loads of fun even with the blaring rasta/techno in the backround. I especially like the picture of my roommate, Adam, over loading on vices.
Eww! Tom Cruise just met Nichole Kidman on Days of Thunder. "Tell me what's going on god damn it!" (Tom)
"Your brain was bruised." (Kidman)
The rest of the pictures are from my time in the East Village yesterday. We ate a long and lingering breakfast outside. We took a bunch of pictures but most of them are of people eating. I'll spare you those.
I've changed it so EVERYONE can leave comments on my blog now. Before you could only do it if you had a blogger.com or livejournal account. Feel free to leave me a message and/or comment on my posts.
I'm trying to put a counter on here so I can see how many people are reading this puppy... but for some reason blogspot is being really cranky about it. I'd love advice if anyone has some for me...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well how about that!

Worlds collide in NY.

How Cute!

11:32 PM, May 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog because it makes me horny for NYC. It kind of makes me feel like I'm there with you. What I would really like is if you started lying by implanting me into your stories/blogs.

-Tammy

10:14 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger In California Dreamin. said...

Dearest Tammy;

Thank you for your kind letter. As an indication of my apprieciation, I have enclosed a chili dog which you may put in your purse. Enjoy.

Yours Truly,
Betsy Morris

11:25 PM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home