Saturday, May 06, 2006

My Celebrity Crush





I've never been one of those people with celebrity crushes. When I was 13, I didn't buy "Teen Beat" and go Leonardo DiCaprio Crazy. I never really got on the boy band band wagon. I did have a moment where I considered it: New Kids on the Block was at the height of their career and McDonalds was giving away posters with their names on them. I think I thought, "It would be advantageous of me to like the New Kids. It might make me more popular." But I think I said it in a middle school voice. I mean, the word "advantageous" PROBABLY wasn't actually in there. You got the jist though.
I digress.... I've had one small flame for awhile. Since I was in college pretty much. I decided somewhere along the way that Paul Rudd was prototype for my perfect man. My end all be all. Really handsome, smart, successful and secretly, he's also overwhelmingly hilarious. Have you seen "Wet, Hot American Summer?" Wow. I really love Paul Rudd. For those who don't know who he is; I feel sorry for you. For those who do; watch "The Chateau" it's by far, the funniest movie he's been in and maybe the most obscure.
I saw him last night. He's currently starring in "Three Days of Rain" on Broadway with Julia Roberts. I was next door watching a boring show with David Schwimmer in it. Julia came out of the theater...people went crazy, the street was blocked with people, cameras flashed... I didn't care. Later Paul came out and I got a few great pictures. I did everything a crazed fan does... my eyes watered up a little, my cheeks flushed, I was shaking, I don't think I screamed. I do think I whined. It was fabulous. Pretty soon we'll get married.

I love Paul Rudd.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shoo shoo said...

I'm with you! I've loved him since Clueless. I don't know if I'd have whined though...

5:15 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger In California Dreamin. said...

Shannon, I respect your opinion but I sincerely believe no one loves him like I do. NO ONE! (whine)

1:36 PM, May 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did him

10:15 PM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he "whined" and dined me.

10:16 PM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home