Tuesday, February 26, 2008

10 points for those who get it.















My newest stuff is based on paint by numbers paintings. I've been researching and, oddly enough, paint by numbers were originally called "creative meditation". Basically, they made a bunch of sense for the 1950's "Perfection" state of mind - a way to be creative without actually having to be creative.
So, flipping that last idea on it's head, I've taken 10 iconic paint by numbers prints and blown them up, made patterns out of them and then sewed them back together. Here's a dragonfly one I did (not really my style but pretty):

And here's one that I've designed myself. As you can see, we're not talking 1950's icons here. Six degrees kids. Six degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home