Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Birthday Story







When I began Feb. 6th, my 28th birthday, I knew that I was going to get a party of some kind. Josh had told me to be ready by 5pm - I had asked him before to warn me about these things. I had a few nightmares of being in the shower and everyone bargining in and yelling SURPRISE!!
In the car I realized that we were going to Tricia and Matthew's house. When Brianna opened the front door I was greeted by 20 or so friends, balloons, presents and a big potluck dinner. A bunch of the girls had dressed up like me, wearing onesies and they all swept their hair to one side! It was wonderful, so great to have so many of my buddies in one place, some of them meeting for the first time. I was perfectly happy. Then Josh gathered everyone in the livingroom to announce that we were moving to our next location?!
"Just go up to the 9th floor" he said.
I must admit I was a little nervous. What if we get in trouble here?
The penthouse was on the 9th floor. The PENTHOUSE!! Even more people were there to meet me (I believe the hotel said that we couldn't have more than 15 in the room but we had many, many more. The entire top floor of the hotel to ourselves though. It's a miracle that we didn't get in trouble!!) There was a kitchen, a fireplace, the most amazing view, a big deck - totally useless because it was raining and really windy- a big bedroom, and bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. Even better, it had been decorated by my friends with a red carpet and a photobooth. Jess even brought wigs, hats, glasses and mustaches for us to dress up in. There was a large frame to stick the photos on (which is now in the back of my car, so big I can't carry it up to my apartment myself!). Jess painted me a beautiful painting. I'm sure I'll have it for the rest of my life. I could never afford one of her peices and I can tell she put a lot of work and time into it. That one really started some tears.
I got a bunch of great presents, including little parachuting men from Shug to throw off of the roof of the penthouse. I kept the lil dudes though. I'll use 'em for an art project.
This was such a great birthday. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who participated. Thank you to Jess and Kiki - I know you helped Josh out and pull things together. Carey, Jon, Tricia, Matthew and espeically Joshua. I felt so 100% LOVED.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home