Friday, October 26, 2007

Going home home

So I'm going to Wapato Point next week. This is a big deal. "Why?? WHY?" you might ask. Well, dear and faithful reader...I will tell you.






Lake Chelan (Wapato Point is a resort on Lake Chelan) is only a half hour from Wenatchee, the town I grew up in. For all intents and purposes, I haven't been back to Wenatchee for about 9 years now. I went back for a dentist appointment once and once for my friend Annie's wedding. So that's about 24 hours in 9 years. It isn't that I don't like/love Wenatchee. Although I must admit I've found it a little embarrassing to admit I was from such a small town at times - When I was living in New York City a woman I worked with imagined it was just like the Wild West. "Are there tumble weeds blowing down dusty, dirt roads?" she asked. I had to admit that there were tumble weeds but most of the roads were paved.



We have had this time share at Wapato for years. The only reason we haven't gotten rid of it is because...well... we can't. I think it's been on the market for three or so years now. My parents trade their Wapato weeks for weeks elsewhere like Arizona..




So Josh is coming with me (three days with my parents? It will be fine if he can hold his own at Trivial Pursuit). We leave next weekend - I hope the fall leaves are out and we can rent a boat to take out on the lake.




In funnier and more entertaining news; I was Jane Fonda for Halloween. Check me out.
Josh was a fly (a cranky looking one) and Jon and her Boobs were a Stepford Wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home