Sunday, April 23, 2006

Manhattan: Where the crazies roam...


When you wait for the trains, you usually don't have much to do. You could listen to your ipod or read a book, or sometimes you just stare at the tracks. There's the third rail. I guess you fry when you touch it. There's some rats every once in awhile. I know that it sounds naive of me but, I think they're so darn cute. And then there's the batteries. Have I mentioned this before? I just can't get over it. Piles of batteries. Mostly double A. From years and years ago. 1970's batteries. Everywhere.
Also, right now, there's posters everywhere for a new horror film, Silent Hill. The poster is big, like 3x4'. It's a picture of a creepy little girl with no mouth. Sort of grey eyes. And then it says, "SILENT HILL" in dripping letters. Well. I think that these posters are making the crazy people go totally nutty. On every posters there is some evidence of a crazy person totally loosing their shit on it. Words that some nutjob wrote upside down by scratching the poster with an old pen. I saw one last night with a mouth drawn on the girl's face with lipstick. These posters are reeking havoc on the crazy people world! Lots of the eyes are messed with. Colored in, x'ed out, food on them. Lots of thought bubbles drawn on the posters. "Leave me alone!", "I set you free", "Set me free!" , "War is published on the masses of colors that forget where you set down the masses within their own hell that reaches past the glowing tubes of forgiveness where my mother dwells."

I love crazy people. Ben is right: New York City is the center of the crazy people's universe. Dig it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home