Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm still here!




I went to an excellent interview yesterday but I keep talking about it. I'll jinx it. But, believe me, it's really been the only interesting thing I've had to say for the last 24 hours.
It's been too too cute around here. 70 to 80 degrees. Lots of Asian babies with big hair, ect. NYC is cute cute cute in the spring time.
I've been having a hard time getting my nia life started out here. Back in Seattle, I was so spoiled. I could do nia at Dance Underground 7 days a week with wonderful teachers and I didn't have to join a gym. That's a "no go" around these parts. You have to join a gym ($400) and even then you get to do it 3 times a week tops. I went to a fitness collective on Park Slope in Brooklyn to do nia the other day. HORRIBLE. Bad teacher, small room, dumb. It sucked. Long story short though, I went to the YMCA today and took a great class. I wanted to move a little faster but the teacher was great. A black belt! (This is a big deal. I don't think I've taken a class with a black belt before). Anyway, she told me about a free class at a higher level this Sunday. I'm there.
I ate too much.
Daniel got food poisoning from bad sushi and pooped his bed.
Tim got a job as the security guard at Catherine Malandrino and had to wear a funny outfit. It was incredibly gay in a very bad European way. White linen pants. Tight ones. I will never stop teasing him. EVER.
Dan and I saw a woman making balloon animals on the A train today. It was the most erotic thing ever. Dan and I were both uncomfortable. Not that she meant it to be. I think she made a teddy bear and a koala bear. It was perverted. Why didn't I take a picture???

grateful for
1. Public Libraries
2. Interviews
3. Laure!
4. That I don't have food poisoning right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home