Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gobble Gobble

I've been trying to think of something I can bring to Josh's family's house for Turkey Day. So, I dug out my favorite cookbook today to see what I could find. I made this cookbook years ago when I was working in an art store. It's filled to the brim with needless foo foo. Laminated recipes, glitter, metallic paper, scrolly fonts and stamps of boarders, ducks, hearts and huge, lush photographs of food. And, true to my nature, there is a large amount of unglued/stamped/laminated recipes smooshed into the back cover. I planned to do those ones later but sort of fell out of love with the cookbook idea (I believe I may have dumped for a new found love of origami.) It made me smile. I noticed that somewhere along the line my mother apparently got a hold of it. "I predict that Betsy will be a wonderful cook and baker" is written on the backcover in her handwriting.
Anyway, I hope that everyone finds some sort of new inspiration this year - instead of just the one thing to be thankful for. It's good to be thankful for many things but I find that it's inspiration and motivation that really get me through the holidays and beyond; dreary spring rains and early night falls. Gobble gobble everyone! Eat too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home