Monday, April 10, 2006

Meeting Miss Ostatazim

I was supposed to go see "Children of a Lesser God" with my friend Sheila today. She got me comp tickets and everything. I didn't find that out until 2 today. Why?? WHY?! You may wonder why. The answer: I didn't wake up until 2 pm today. I don't have a good reason other than...jet lag? Can I still claim jet lag after two weeks? So I totally missed the deaf kids show.
After making coffee, taking a shower and being upset about missing the deaf kids' show the whole time - I got my shit together. I got on the D train, met Tim and Murph down on Broadway, we got more coffee (Adam too). Sheila called and decided to meet up with us after the show. Apparently she was not as miffed about my not coming to Kids of a lesser god than I was.
I saw her a block away and called "Sheila!!!!!!!!!!" as she walked towards us. Setup: Sheila and I went to college together until she decided to move to NYC. That was 5 or 6 years ago now. Last time I saw her I was at Burning Man, in the middle of the desert, in the MIDDLE of the night and there was Sheila. Until today.
We had a great time tonight. Vonia and Dan came to join us. We all drank beer and the night was warm and wonderful. A sign of spring.
I'm home now and I"m tired. And I don't know why I'm still writing.

Promise to myself: No more sleeping in until 2pm. Life is happening and you are sleeping through it Betsy! You missed the deaf kids' show!!

AMAZING THINGS FROM TODAY:
1. The fake premature baby picture on the subway
2. Vonia is a wonderful liar. "That's where they filmed Cinderella Man! That's Matthew Perry's brother! I'm lying!"
3. I smell burning. Seriously. right now. Burning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home