Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tai




It snowed here this morning. How bizarre. 68 degrees one day, snowy, slushy mess the next. More imporant things to talk about though.

I wrote an entire entry this morning and some how erased it. I have no idea how I did it but I did. I wrote it and then it was gone. I'll try to recreate some of it but rewrite some too.

Went to dan's for dinner last night. I was tired of being cooped up in the apartment waiting for that stupid UPS guy. I went to Brooklyn and we had a nice dinner. Dan (Michael, Tonya, and Tim too) have a girl staying with them named Tai. Tai is from Australia by way of London, is now in New York and leaves for San Diego tomorrow morning. Anyway, we are two peas in a pod. Really very alike, and we've been having a wonderful time hangin out for the last two days. I really hate to see her go. I would love love love for her to stay here in NYC so we could go on great adventures together. Even though we've only known eachother for a little while I feel like I've known her for years. Earlier this morning, when I was writing my first blog entry, Tai was sitting across from me at the table, sewing a hole in one of her shirts. It felt like we were little old sisters. I could just picture us with buns in our hair, sitting side by side on the porch watching the sun go down. Cats on our lap.
I'm allergic to cats though. No one has a porch that I know of really ... actually I think I also pictured us in a western. You know, set around the gold rush. So forget that idea.
Anyway, long story short; I'm glad we've met and I will stay in touch with her. Get her to move back here and get a visa so we can take over the world.

Side note: we also went to a creepy (dodgey as Tai says) German cafe for breakfast this morning. There was this SUPER weird clown figurine there and I took a picture of it. I'll put the pic up here when I get my laptop tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shoo shoo said...

Ah that's sweet! Too gad she has to go. So what Prince sang is true: Sometimes it snows in April.

4:01 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger In California Dreamin. said...

Ain't that the truth Shoo Shoo.

5:26 PM, April 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home