Sunday, April 02, 2006

Even Shitty Shoes Can't Slow Me Down



tonight is the first night I haven't gone out since I've been here. Generally, I wake up and set out on an adventure. Most of the time I'm with friends but sometimes I just pick a place to get off the subway and walk around. So far, I really like NoLita. Had a great time in the Village today. We wanted to go to the Met but there was this giant "greek day" parade. Greeks for miles. Miles of Unibrows. Kids waving Grecian flags and hitting you in the crotch with them. We decided not to fight the Greeks (we assumed that the actual parade route went right up to the Met) and went to the village. We walked around for a few hours, watched the dogs and crazy people in Union Square, ate dinner in a sidewalk restaurant and came home. I wore flip flops and my feet are tired. Mostly, I'm aware of how shitty my shoe selection is. All I have are heels! I need a couple pairs of comfy shoes - how far I would go if I had comfy shoes! Nothing really slows me down but I'd rather do a large amount of walking in cushy shoes than a large amount of walking in these ones.
Adam and I ran into my friend Murph today. So maybe that whole "look for Nicki Scott" thing is true (aka this is actually a very small island).
Vonia is in LA until Thursday so I may get a little lonely but I think I'll be fine. I'm surprised how many friends I have out here. I'm looking forward to getting a job - my friend Angela is going to get me an interview at Rocawear (Jay Z's clothing label.) That would be a wonderful job for me. In a way, it's been good for me not to have my computer because I can't look for a job. I'm forced to play and explore everyday. That is actually something I wouldn't normally feel comfortable doing. I'm not actually sure if it's comfortable but it's not like I'm not enjoying myself either. I'm getting to know the city and I really like it. I really love it. I'm really happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home