Thursday, October 20, 2005

Regis is 135 years old.



I'm trying on a new font today. What do you think? Does it look good on me?
First and foremost, I watched Napoleon Dynamite for the first time last night and it brought several wants and needs I've been having for a while to the forefront. Number one on the list has already made an appearance on my blog so it will come as no surprise to you; my darling little reader. Here we go,
Things I Want that Napoleon Dynamite Has:
1. A llama
2. A perm
3. A Jamerikwai tape ( I realize I spelled this wrong. But what ever happened to him? Seriously. With his big hats? It's his fault that I don't know how to spell it, if he was still in the spotlight I would.)
4. Kipp (My friend Brianna calls N.D.'s brother, Kipp, her "spirit animal". I wish I had said that first. Drat! Another missed opportunity.)

More importantly, my friend Carey has gotten me involved with the Reel Grrls program. In summary, it's a girls only program to reenforce positive media images/media production by and for women. The girls are ages 14 through 18. Did you know a woman has never won an Oscar for directing? No shit. So I'm teaching a workshop for their upcoming retreat and... AND.... I don't know how I'm not going to swear for 3 days. I swear four times a second.
I'm driving to my parking garage with my friend Pat last night and she says, "How the hell are we not gonna drink and smoke for 3 fucking days??" I love this. Pat's granddaughter is in the program. Reel Grrls. Not "THE PROGRAM." Patty is the hottest grandma ever.
So Carey has us go for drinks before dragging us to her godforsaken mini orientation at the YMCA. WHICH, turns out to be not only a meet and greet for Reel Grrls but also all the MANY, MUNDO programs for the YMCA. They are all great by the way. I must admit that I was a little turned off by the one that helps teen agers stay longer in their shitty jobs and teaches them to "network" and "use the correct utensils at a fancy dinner." Dude. They are 15 and working at Burger King. Don't teach them to stay and network. Teach them to take secret video tapes of the cooks sneezing on the burgers and get the hell out of there!
I digress.
I forgot what i really wanted to say here.
To another list:
1. Can't swear AS MUCH around teens who probably swear more than I do.
2. No drinky
3. No smokie

I can do two and three no problem. We'll see how this goes. But thinking about doing #1 makes me want to go on a binge. Teens are scary. I'm excited about the program though and fully support it. I even gave them my thumb print!
Must stop writing. Have no brain. Can't write/think straight. Must go watch regis... What is he? 135?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home